Featured Post

Group Break 7: 2006 Topps Bazooka - Pack 1

In the grand scheme of things, I doubt most people joined the group break for the box of Bazooka.  I do think, however, that most people will be happy with the additional three hits that Bazooka promises, not to mention some of the other "fun" stuff in the set.  And really, let's be honest, what's the point of collecting cards (or anything else for that matter) if you can't have fun with it?  Bazooka is, most definitely, fun.

2006 Topps Bazooka:
Pack 1:


75.  Alex Rodriguez - Yankees

104.  Nomar Garciaparra - Dodgers

I forgot about Nomar's stint with the Dodgers...
107.  Vinny Castilla - Padres

126.  Jeff Francis - Rockies

164.  Luis Castillo - Twins

I scanned the back of the Castillo card so that you could see the layout.  Overall, I have to admit, I like the card backs quite a bit.  There may only be one year of statistics, but the rest of the information is pretty solid.  I also like the team logo in the bottom corner - makes for easy identification.


And now we get to the parallels:
71.  Gold Chunk - Rich Harden - Athletics

138.  Blue - Michael Young - Rangers

Personally, I think the blue parallels look pretty sharp.  The gold chunk parallels are the thickness of a relic card (and serve as dummy cards I suppose).  


And finally,  a 4-in-1 sticker (seeded 1:3 packs)

Sticker 53 of 55:  Jimerson (Astros), Bullington (Pirates), Gorzelanny (Pirates), and Hernandez (Mets)
Nothing like a sticker full of rookies huh?  The back of the sticker (which I didn't scan) has checklist #5 of 12 on it.  The sticker is also numbered 53/55 which makes me wonder if the card stickers have different card backs.  I guess I'll find out as I open more packs up...


And last, it wouldn't be Bazooka baseball cards without a piece of Bazooka bubble gum.  If I remember, I'll throw in a piece of the five-year-old gum into everyone's package...then you get the wonderful sugary smell at least (eat the gum at your own risk)...

Comments

  1. Wow, I never realized Castilla was a Padre! Just 72 games, and he played pretty badly, so I guess that makes sense.

    Neat card though. Captures him in a happy moment, sort of a good final tribute card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment