Featured Post

Nacho Grande Group Break #6: This Might be the Best One Yet!

We recently flipped the calendar over to a new month, so that must mean it's time for another group break!  I think the blogosphere really has this group break stuff down - we've got low-end breaks, mid-end breaks, and high-end breaks - truly something for everything.

Along those lines, I'm hoping this break offers something for everyone!  For the sixth break, I have four boxes from around the turn of the last decade.  And, once again, this break is brought to you by the good people over at Baseball Card Exchange.  
BBCExchange has become my go-to place to find fun boxes for group breaks.  Oh sure, I'll throw in other boxes from other sources sometimes, but when I want something unique or interesting, BBCExchange is my first stop!  

Here is what I'll be busting:

2003 Topps 205 - Series 1:
The Topps 205 box has 20 packs with 8 cards per pack plus a small box of 20 mini cards!

According to the pack wrapper (I had to open the box since no odds were stated on the box itself), we can expect the following:
  • Bazooka parallel:  1:1,573   (After the last group break, I've learned to list even the crazy tough pulls - you never know!)
  • Triple Folder Variation:  1:72
  • Overall Relic odds:  1:12
  • Overall Autograph odds:  1:74
  • Overall Relic/Autograph/Buyback odds:  1:10


2000 Topps Gallery:

The Topps Gallery box has 24 packs with 6 cards per pack.


According to the pack wrapper, we can expect the following:



  • Sequentially numbered Player's Prive Issue:  1:20
  • Gallery Exhibits:  1:18
  • Topps Heritage:  1:12
  • Topps Heritage Proofs:  1:27
  • Proof Positive:  1:48
  • Gallery of Heroes:  1:24
  • Autograph cards:  1:153
  • Press Plates:  1:1,999
  • Bonus base cards featuring gallery portraits:  1:1  (No idea what this is, I guess a one per pack parallel of some sort?)

2000 Fleer Showcase:
The Fleer Showcase box contains 24 packs with 5 cards per pack.


According to the box, we can expect the following:





  • Prospect Showcase Cards (Numbered to 1000)
  • Prospect Showcase Cards (Numbered to 2000)
  • Legacy 2000 (Numbered to 20)
  • Masterpiece Cards (1 of 1s)
  • Prospect Showcase Firsts (Numbered to 500)
  • Consumate Prose:  1:6 packs
  • Noise of Summer:  1:10 packs
  • Final Answer:  1:10 packs
  • License to Skill:  1:20 packs
  • Long Gone:  1:20 packs
  • Fresh Ink:  1:24 packs
  • Feel the Game:  1:72 packs
  • Sweet Sigs:  1:250 packs
  • Club 3000:  1:24 packs
  • Club 3000 Memorabilia Cards (Hand-numbered)

2002 Topps Reserve:
The Topps Reserve box contains 10 packs with 5 cards per pack AND an autographed mini helmet.

According to the pack wrappers, we can expect to find the following:





  • Sequentially numbered Non-40 Man Roster:  1:24
  • Sequantially numbered parallel:  1:12
  • Overall parallels:  1:8
  • Overall Relics:  1:3

And that, my friends, is the June Group Break!  As you can see, there is a LOT of good stuff in the boxes - plenty of relics, an autographed mini helmet, the chance for some other autos and plenty of interesting inserts plus some sequentially numbered cards!

As usual for me, you are buying a group break slot.  However, given that this is a really nice bunch of boxes, I'm going to do something a little different.  There will 15 slots - each person selects the team they want as their first team.  Then, after all 15 slots are paid, I will random off the remaning 15 teams.  Thus, each slot is actually for two teams.  I will allow trades.  Also, my second team (since I'm claiming the Reds as usual) will be up for trade -  I figure I'll end up with the least wanted team as my second team, but that's ok!

Each slot is only $18.50.  Please send paypal (as a gift) to the address shown in my profile.  Remember, each slot is actually for TWO teams - you pick your first team and then I'll random off the remaining teams.  Please make sure to leave a comment below claiming your team and then send payment.  IF you want a second slot (i.e. four teams total), there is a slight discount:  $35.00 for two slots (four total teams).

Available teams:
Slots remaining:  0

Arizona Diamondbacks 
Atlanta Braves (Derek H. - Paid)
Baltimore Orioles (Beardy - Paid)
Boston Red Sox (Matthew - Paid)
Chicago White Sox 
Chicago Cubs (apba66and0 - Paid)
Cincinnati Reds  (Nachos Grande - Paid)
Cleveland Indians (Jason - Paid)
Colorado Rockies (hiflew - Paid)
Detroit Tigers (Axemanohio - Paid)
Florida Marlins 
Houston Astros 
Kansas City Royals 
Los Angeles Angels 
Los Angeles Dodgers (apba66and0 - Paid)
Milwaukee Brewers 
Minnesota Twins 
New York Mets (BA Benny - Paid)
New York Yankees (BA Benny - Paid)
Oakland Athletics 
Philadelphia Phillies 
Pittsburgh Pirates 
San Diego Padres (Axemanohio - Paid)
San Francisco Giants 
Seattle Mariners (C@TRH - Paid)
St. Louis Cardinals (Ryan G. - Paid)
Tampa Bay Rays 
Texas Rangers (Play at the Plate - Payment pending)
Toronto Blue Jays 
Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos

As you can see, it's a pretty nice mix of boxes - and there promises to be lots of cool stuff in the break!  Remember, there are only 15 total slots (and I took one of them) - so act fast if you want to get in on this break!

Comments

  1. Indians please, payment on the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the sox, payment will be posted later tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. cardinals this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mets and Yankees please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll try my luck with the Rockies again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:47 AM

    I'll take The M's please. Payment coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. padres and the tigers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take the Cubs and Dodgers thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment