Featured Post

Topps Fails. (Allen & Ginter Edition - Topps Customer Service)

Thanks to a recent conversation with a few fellow bloggers, I decided to contact Topps to see if they had some sort of master list of all the relics from the 2010 Allen & Ginter set (you know, since I'm trying to collect them all)!  In typical Topps fashion, I received a reply relatively quickly...and in typical Topps fashion, the reply wasn't particularly useful:


 Response (Mike)06/27/2011 11:58 AM
at this time we do not have an internal list of relic types.

thanks for writing in.

you could look on baseballcardpedia.com

Now, I have no problem with Topps directing me to baseballcardpedia - except for the fact that I provided Topps with my list of cards which has at least one (it could be more, I didn't bother to look) relic that I own that isn't on baseballcardpedia's list.  I also have a problem with the fact that Topps claims to have no internal list of relics for the set...though I guess I now know why their website is such garbage - they really have no idea what is in each set they produce!

In other A&G Topps fails news, I still am waiting on a redemption from last year's Allen & Ginter set.  Grr.

Comments

  1. I'm still waiting on my autograph redemption. It's going on 6 months past its "ship date". When that date had passed, they tried to replace it with a card of similar book value... Bull crap, I want my Alexei Ramirez 'graph. It's a matter of principle now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar issue but dealing with 2011 Pro Debut. On the sell sheets they mention 20 jersey cards and 14 autographs. In the actual product was 15 jerseys and 24 autographs. Well, according to the checklists they provided in the boxes of packs. When I was looking for some cheap autos for the set, I came across one that wasn't even on the checklist that they provided! I contacted Topps on their Facebook but my post got deleted without response. Good going Topps, why have communication with your consumers if you don't bother to answer them? They do need to get on the ball and have some checklists of their own products. Correct checklists that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a professional-looking response. Does Topps employ fourth graders in their Customer Service Dept?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently, capitalization is for Upper Deck only.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment