Featured Post

Allen & Ginter Blaster! Plus Group Break News and a Visit to Two Ballparks!

I spent Thursday through Saturday on a road trip.  My father, brother, an uncle, and myself left Pennsylvania at 6:00 AM on Thursday and drove to Chicago to catch a White Sox / Twins game on Thursday night.

From there, we headed up to Milwaukee to watch Friday's match up between the Reds and Brewers.  Unfortunately, the Brewers ended up winning that game in the bottom of the ninth - but I will say this about Miller Park, it quickly became my second favorite ballpark (behind only Pittsburgh).

If you count the crowd and atmosphere, I actually think Miller Park is leaps and bounds above any other park that I've been to (the only one that was close was Cleveland during an interleague match up against the Reds).


Now, looking at our itinerary above, and assuming you know a little geography, you'll notice that a night game in Chicago then a night game in Milwaukee leaves a lot of time in between.  Since we weren't familiar with Milwaukee at all (and didn't exactly feel like walking around since it was rather warm), we spent quite a bit of time in the Target near Miller Park.

It was at that Target where I found a blaster of Allen & Ginter (2010 edition).  Oh sure, I was hoping for a 2011 blaster (especially since some people are opening Ginter already), but I figured 2010 would be fun too. Why did I buy it though seeing how I have every base card and most of the minis?  I can't really answer that - I guess I was hoping to get lucky and land a relic that I still need from the set.

Although I didn't end up with a single card that I needed, I did get some good stuff.

First, the big hit of the blaster - a Josh Hamilton relic.

I got three regular minis - none of which I needed though.  I also landed one ad back mini (the Nick Johnson), and a black bordered mini.

For the mini inserts, I ended up with three.  The National Animal of Poland...

A T-Rex...

And a tree.

You've got to love the randomness that is Ginter when you take a look at those three cards!

As for the base cards, I decided when I bought the blaster (since I knew I wouldn't need them for certain), that all base cards will be added to the group break that I am working on.  I won't include the Ginter cards in the scoreboard, but hey, a couple of extra cards shouldn't bother anyone right?  I'll also random off the non-baseball base cards (of which there were five or six).  The rest of the cards will be added to my 2010 Allen & Ginter FOR TRADE list.

Comments

  1. You're my new best friend.

    Go Reds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 PM

    Dude, that's the Target I shop at. I was there in the middle of last week, and I probably held that blaster in my hands, but decided to set it down. Top shelf, a little right of center?

    I grabbed a $5 rack pack of 2011 Topps instead.

    More important question: Did you tailgate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thorzul - Yep, that's the one. They had two blasters there...I almost bit the bullet and bought the second but luckily I was smart enough not to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And no, our tailgating plans fell through at the last moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment