Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 108: 1999 UD SP Authentic #25

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Upper Deck SP Authentic
Card number:  25



As far as I know, this is the only '99 UD SP Authentic card in my collection - but if I'm only going to own a single card from a set it might as well be a Barry Larkin card!  The front of the card features Larkin in a classic batting swing pose while the back features a small photo of Larkin fielding along with his career statistics.  As a whole, the card matches up favorably against a base Topps card but I believe that the SP Authentic brand was designed to be a higher cost type set from Upper Deck.  In that regard, the set fails miserably with it's boring front design (not to mention rather hard to read as the scan indicates) along with its blocky, drab back design.  Of all the sets represented in my Barry Larkin Collection, this particular set is probably in the bottom ten or fifteen as far as sets that I'd like to own a complete set of!  Even so, any Larkin that I didn't already own is appreciated (and for sets where I actually collect the set, I appreciate having two copies of the Larkin, one for my Larkin binder and the other for the set binder)!

Comments