Featured Post

Delivery Time! Expos Bipped!

I recently completed a trade with Matt over at Card Anathema.  I sent him a giant pile of 2011 Ginter base cards plus a bunch of short prints in exchange for some 2011 Ginter that either I wanted for myself or that I thought I might be able to either group with other card and sell or possibly trade away again.  **I'm fairly certain that last sentence broke eight or nine grammatical rules but what's done is done.**

Anyhow, I thought this was a nice, simple trade when I opened the envelope...but no, I was Expos Bipped!

A Bipping with 1987 Topps cards no less, that's just cruel.

You should all remember what happened the last time I was bipped.  This time it might just be war.

Although the Bip Bomb threw me off for a bit, the rest of the package made up for the devastation of '87 Wood Grain raining down on me...

First up, a trio of relics from 2011 Ginter.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Robinson Cano, and Prince Fielder

Does it bother anyone else that this year's relic set is about 200 card?  Seriously, I think there might be more relics/autos in Ginter this year than there are base cards.  That should never happen.  It's also probably why you can either buy or trade a bunch of relics/autos for base cards & short prints...Topps has officially killed any value that their relics may have once held.

Besides the relics, I also got a few minis:
FFF1.  Fabulous Face Flocculence:  The Lincoln

I can't help but think Face Flatulence every time I see the insert set title.  That said, this is my first Fabulous Face Flocculence card so I'm happy!

I also ended up with a few black bordered minis (and now I have a whole bunch of black bordered minis for trade).

The trade wasn't all Bip and Ginter though as Matt also knocked a few cards off my 2011 Topps want list.


Thanks for the trade Matt, even if there was unnecessary Bip Bomb in there.  And finally, if anyone else would like to trade - you know the drill.  Check my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Help me understand the greatness that is Bip-ing. I understand the concept but curious if there are any rules. What is its origin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:06 PM

    I'm glad you liked them Chris. They were bipped to me by someone else in a trade.

    jaybarkerfan: I'm not exactly sure of the origin of who the first "bipper" was, but the name, I believe, comes from someone receiving a ton of Bip Roberts cards (hence bipping).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment