Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

Delivery Time! A Query for the Quarry Ends in Royalty

You all probably know that I've been working hard to catch back up on my trade posts.  Sure, sometimes I get an envelope in the mail and write the trade post within minutes, but more often, I get an envelope in the mail, I (usually) update my want list accordingly, and then the envelope goes in a drawer.  Well, my drawer of envelopes is still in the double digits so let's get another one out of there!

Today's trade is with Johnny over at Cards from the Quarry.  Back in early April (!), I sent Johnny a trade stack plus some extra Rockies in exchange for the Stan Musial 2009 Goudey card below. 
I've begun to feel jaded in regards to the Goudey line.  I tried to collect a couple different iterations of the set but the short prints seem way too difficult to track down.  I don't know if it was the seeding rate, the sheer number of short prints, or the fact that not a lot of people bought much of the set, but the entire thing is borderline impossible to complete!  That said, I'm always happy when I can acquire a card (any card really) from my want list - it's even better when it's from a set that I figured would languish on the want list for all of eternity.


I should mention that since the day that the trade envelope arrived at my house, I've sent Johnny an additional three packages (all from different group breaks) so while I'm behind on posting trades I am most definitely doing ok in terms of sending out trades!

In addition to the Musial card that I needed, Johnny also sent me a smattering of Barry Larkin cards!

Thanks for the trade Johnny - sorry for the delay in posting!  Finally, if anyone else would like to trade - you know the drill:  check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. No worries Chris. I honestly don't think I have posted your end of the trade yet either. I might have to start doing trades 10 at a time to catch up.

    Either way, much appreciation for the plug and for the trade.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment