Featured Post

Gint-a-Cuffs: Packs 10, 11, and 12

Box total* so far:  65 points  I actually have 67 points (+2 additional on the boxtopper for a favorite player)...
*pending scoring ruling

Pack 10:

116.  Josh Beckett
91.  Joel Pineiro
45.  Annika Sorenstam
87.  Colby Lewis
173.  Mariano Rivera  (-1, Damn Yankee)
322.  Trevor Cahill (+2 short print)

Mini:
Step Right Up:
SRU8.  The Strongman  (+3 points)

Minds that Made the Future:
MMF37.  John Deere  (+2 points)

I actually needed this card for my set so I'm happy.  As for the Gint-a-Cuff scoring, it's not the worst pack I've opened so I guess that's a plus...

Pack total:  6 lousy points
Box total so far:  73 points


Pack 11:

181.  Mark Buehrle
167.  Adam LaRoche
293.  Royal Wedding
251.  Ian Desmond
69.  Neftali Feliz
337.  Drew Storen (+2 points, short print)

Hometown Heroes:
 HH90.  Ryan Howard (+1 point)

Mini:
World's Most Mysterious Figures:
WMF9.  The Babushka Lady  (+3 points)

Pack total:  6 lousy points - again.
Box total so far:  79 points

Pack 12:

After the disappointment that was the first two packs in the grouping, I had to do a third pack.  I can only hope that this pack provides a lot of points so that the first half of my box ends on a high note...and a pace of something closer to 200 points!

242.  Cheryl Burke
3.  Lou Holtz
218.  Bobby Abreu
204.  Jim Thome

Ascent of Man:
AOM 20.  Hominina (+1 point)

Hometown Heroes:
HH81.  Neil Walker (+1 point)

Mini:
Bazooka Back:
52.  Francisco Cordero (#ed 6/25)  (+20 * 1.2 for being a Red = 24 points)

Wooooooooo!  A Bazooka back mini - and a Red no less!  This box went from crap to at least decent in a hurry!  

Pack total:  +23 points
Box total* so far:  105 points!


At the halfway mark, my box is at exactly 105 points.  Unfortunately, that total does include the boxtopper so my current pace will be right around 200 points if the current rate continues (which won't be enough to win).   Even so, this box is a personal success because I got a Reds hit - something I rarely seem to pull for myself!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the bazooka back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pull and it's you favorite team also...gotta love that.

    Also I hate to be THAT guy, but you forgot your Lou Holtz "mouth full of marbles" penalty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the correction hiflew! I have pack posts written already up through packs 19/20 so I'll put the correction there. Until then, just subtract one from whatever I say my score is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment