Featured Post

Gint-a-Cuffs: Packs 21 and 22

Box total so far:  174 points

Before I open two of the final four packs, it is time to take a quick look at the Gint-a-Cuffs leaderboard (as of 7/28 when I wrote this post).  With a score of 232, Commishbob leads the pack (pun intended)...

And so, doing a quick bit of math, I need 59 points to overtake Commishbob and find myself in first place (by a single point).  That means each of the final four packs need to average a total of 14.75 points.  Can I do it?  I doubt it, but let's not logical reasoning get in the way of dreaming...

Pack 21:

156.  Marlon Byrd
165.  Jo Frost
147.  George W. Bush
63.  Neil Walker
158.  Billy Butler

Ascent of Man:
AOM17.  Hominidae  (+1 point)

This was the last of the Ascent of Man cards that I needed!  Say what you will about evolution being a theme in baseball cards, the actual Ascent of Man cards are gorgeous (and even more so when you line them up side-by-side and get the full mural).  

Hometown Heroes:
HH34.  Chipper Jones  (+1 point)

Mini:
Animals in Peril:
AP21.  Whooping Crane (+3 points)

I'm still missing a whole bunch of the animals in peril.  By the time you read this post, my want list should be up-to-date with my 2011 Ginter wants.

Pack total:  5 points.

Ouch!  I was 9.75 points off of what I needed to average in the pack to win this thing...

Box total so far:  179 points

With only three packs remaining, I now need to average 18 points per pack if I'm going to eclipse the 232 mark by a point.

Pack 22:

28.  John Lindsey
217.  Shaun Marcum
295.  Chris Carpenter
335.  Jason Heyward (+2 short print, +2 favorite player = +4 points)

Floating Fortresses:
FF3.  Henri Grace A Dieu  (+2 points)

Mini:
Uninvited Guests:
UG8.  The Winchester Mystery House  (+3 points)

Framed Printing Plate!!!
 5.  Aroldis Chapman - Yellow Printing Plate  (+30 points x 1.2 favorite team = +36 points!)

HOLY COW!  I've NEVER pulled a printing plate before in any set...and to end up with a Red as my first plate, that's all sorts of awesome!  This is also marks the second Reds hit to come out of the box - that's got to be some sort of record (at least for me)!

Pack total:   45 points!
Box total so far:  224 points!

 I'm now only nine points away from taking the lead in Gint-a-Cuffs...with exactly two packs remaining.  I should be able to do that, right?  I mean, an average of only 4.5 points per pack...that should be cake walk right?

Stay tuned...

Comments

  1. Nice pull man. That may be the card that wins Gint-A-Cuffs III.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niccccccccce. (a la South Park)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mini Printing Plate...cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pull! Even cooler that it was a Red for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't fool me. I was waiting for something from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That's a heck of a hit. Puts my piece of Wyoming dust relic card in the dirt (pun intended)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the reds hit...it would be great if it always happened like that but then we would miss out on all the trading :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment