Featured Post

Group Break 7: 2002 Topps Stadium Club - Pack 4

While some of you may be preparing for fireworks, let's see if this latest pack of Stadium Club can provide some fireworks for your claimed team...

2002 Topps Stadium Club:
Pack 4:



7.  Alex Rodriguez - Rangers

20.  Randy Johnson - Diamondbacks
57.  Mike Sweeney - Royals
61.  Bobby Higginson - Tigers
Detroit started slow but they've picked up the pace as of late!
74.  Jason Kendall - Pirates

Easily the best photo of the pack - I wonder if Kendall knew he swung at a ball that appeared to be eye level or higher?
116.  Marlyn Tisdale - Reds (#ed 1021/2999)

Alright, a little Reds mojo!  And I do mean little...I looked Tisdale up on Baseball Reference since I had never heard of him - there is a good reason for that.  He played minor league ball for three seasons.  His final season was in an independent league where he went 4-8 with a 4.31 ERA.  He gave up 7 home runs in only 62.2 innings - ouch.  Even so, it's the first serially numbered card and it goes to me, so I'm happy since the Reds usually give me nothing in my own breaks!

Comments

  1. Awesome photography (as usual) on the Kendall card. That one is worth tracking down just for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That Kendall photo is great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment