Featured Post

Group Break 7: 2003 Fleer Showcase - Pack 1

The 2003 Fleer Showcase box has 24 packs in it.  Once I opened up the box, I learned that there are three columns of packs - each column has its own color wrapper.  There is a column of Lumber Edition packs which are light brown, a column of silver colored Jersey Edition packs, and a column of dark brown colored Leather Edition packs.  From what I can tell, each column will contain one relic card while the Leather Edition packs could also contain an autograph (it doesn't appear that there are autos in the other two pack types based on the written pack odds).  As such, I think I'll start with what appears to have the least possible cool stuff, the Lumber Edition packs.

2003 Fleer Showcase:
Pack 1 - (Lumber Edition):


2.  Curt Schilling - Diamondbacks
This is the back of the card (obviously).  It's a pretty simplistic back, but understated works well within the design as a whole.

4.  Kerry Wood - Cubs

16.  Jorge Posada - Yankees

35.  Randy Johnson - Diamondbacks

3 of 10 TS:  Thunder Sticks - Barry Bonds - Giants

The Thunder Sticks are seeded 1:8 lumber packs meaning this should be the only Thunder Stick card we get in the box.  I must say, I happen to like the card quite a bit - I wonder if there is a Ken Griffey Jr. card (as a Red) in the Thunder Sticks set...  This is also the first insert card of the break - so congrats to the Giants for taking that honor!

Alright, color me confused.  Why, in a pack labeled "Lumber Edition" did we end up with three of the four base cards being pitchers?  I don't get that at all.  What I do get though is that the design is pretty classy.  There's nothing complicated about the front or backs of the cards - and all told, it works well.  These look like higher end cards (though they aren't as thick as some high-end cards).

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    What a great pull in the first pack - congrats to lifetimetopps! Is it just me, or did Fleer make these cards perfect for a signature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:22 PM

    I like this pack!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment