Featured Post

Group Break 7: 2003 Fleer Showcase - Pack 3

Well, I've got good news and I've got bad news.

Good news:  I'm fairly confident that the last pack with only four cards wasn't shorted our hit.

Bad news:  This pack also only has four (instead of the promised five) cards.

It's not often that I'm happy to be shorted a card in a pack, but since this happened in back-to-back packs, I'm pretty sure we just got crappy collation rather than missing hits (though we still haven't found a hit in the lumber packs)...  As a group break host, I would hate it if we didn't get at least what we were promised in terms of hits - and of course, I'd prefer we end up with extras like we have in the last couple of breaks I've hosted.

Anyhow, let's get to the neutered pack:

2003 Fleer Showcase:
Pack 3 (Lumber):



10.  Bartolo Colon - White Sox

12.  Matt Morris - Cardinals
21.  Paul Konerko - White Sox
34.  Sammy Sosa - Cubs

Well, that was a Chicago-heavy pack wasn't it?  At first, I thought the Nationals/Expos slot finally got their first card of the break - but I go by the team listed on the card and although Colon is pictured as an Expo, it's clearly labeled as a White Sox card.  I guess the wait for the Nationals/Expos and the Mariners will continue for at least one more pack!

Comments

  1. As the unfortunate Expos guy, "that figures."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment