Featured Post

Is Enough Enough? Nachos Wouldn't Quit Would He?

Is Enough Enough?  Would I actually quit?

Answer:  Yes, and if I had to pick right now, yes.

By now, you all know I bought a case of Allen & Ginter (because historically I love the set year in and year out).  My brother also wanted in on the action, so I split a second case with him.  So far, so good.  Topps should love me right?

Well, the case packers at Topps apparently HATE me.  In two cases, I got a grand total of ZERO rip cards (which are one per case).  I also ended up with the same relics within the same case and only three or four autos total - all of which were scrubs.  I got a grand total of ONE non-baseball player relic and ZERO non-baseball player autos.  I did manage to land an autographed N43 card somehow, but otherwise it was almost all crap, crap, crap.

If you recall my earlier post this week, I wrote an email to Topps complaining about the lack of rip card in my first case.  Well, they got a second (angrier) email from me tonight.   So far, no response to either email other than the automated reply.

I'm actually mad enough right now that I'm ready to package up all my 2011 Ginter and sell it at once and be done with not only Ginter but all baseball cards.  Good Lord knows my wife would appreciate that.

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:00 AM

    Well, I got a Chuck Woollery auto in a rack pack at Target. So it does make me think there is SOME randomness afoot. However, I got nothing but doubles in some packs I opened today, and I still need about 100 base cards. Sigh.

    Actually, since I'm the iconoclast, I want to know if you completed the base set? Autos and relics are fine, just so I can get more of that sweet sweet base set in trade.

    I must have been dropped on my head, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I completed one full base set which I put on eBay, have another one all complete except for a couple of short prints (which I probably have by now, i didn't sort my half case at all because I was too angry). And I know that I have tons of other base cards (and short prints) for trade. I also have a bunch of the mini inserts plus regular sized inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I have noticed a SEVERE drop in quality in this years A&G. I have loved A&G since I got back into the hobby, heck, it's what got me back in 2 years ago. Topps apparently decided to kill it's cash cow. Very turned off by my experience with my box and packs I've picked up. Way too many inserts, the relic list is 174 participants long (3/4 of which are scrub guys even team collectors are "meh" about) and the insertion rates are disadvantageous to collectors. Rather than a fun set where you have a great chance at fun card, printing plate or a legit shot at your own teams' players, Topps has now given us a set that's too big, has too many no-name players & non-sports figures (some guy dressed as a moose on acid???) and confused us with about 84 insert sub-sets.

    I'm tempted to sell off what I have thus far, but there's no way I'd be able to sell it for a quarter of what I've paid... very discouraging as a collector, and as someone who once LOVED this set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment