Featured Post

The Blog Changeover Is Complete!

It's official:

Nachos Grande has a new look!

I know some of you didn't want me to change the layout at all (and the rest of you seemed split about 50/50 between the two new design options), so I'm guessing only 33% of you or so will like the new layout at first glance.  However, if you give it a chance, I am hoping everyone will end up liking it more.

Here are some of the highlights:

The pages that I've created are listed across the very top (makes finding my want list simple)!

The menu bar (home, personal, for trade, want lists, etc.) is fully customizable and features drop-down menus.  This is an effort to reduce the amount of "clutter" on the blog as well as perhaps speed up initial load times.  Also, some of the pull-down menus have side menu options (check out the For Trade lists to see what I mean).  I'm hoping that will make finding things a lot quicker for both you and I on my blog!

Next up, the scrolling images.  This is something that I'll have to update occasionally as new posts are written and/or new big events show up.  I can add as many or as few photos and links to the widget as I need so again, it's got a lot of customizability (which might be a made up word).

To the right, you'll see a panel of four icons, two of which are links to my own stuff, one is a sponsor ad (yay sponsors!) and the final is an ad for advertising.  Maybe someday I'll have enough readers and advertisers to end up with at least four main sponsors.

 Moving down the right hand side, you'll find my blog list.  As a side note, if your blog isn't on my blog list please let me know!  I try to add all the card blogs I can find but I'm sure there are plenty of other good blogs out there that I haven't stumbled across yet!

I did keep the blog archives but I got rid of the labels entirely.  There were simply too many labels - you can use the little search box at the top of the blog if you want to find something specifically.  Finally, the bottom of the blog has my hit counter, a spot to follow the blog, and some ads.  Oh yeah, there's also a link to the blog facebook page and to my twitter account (which I am trying to get into).

Let me know what you think!  And, if you see any broken links or other issues, let me know those as well too.

Comments

  1. It's nice! Clean and smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOOOO, MY EYES!

    ...alright, bit of an overreaction, I'll get used to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. And different. I've always wondered how bloggers do that scrolling image thing. I don't know if it's for me, but I'd like to test it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nachos pictures make me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have figured on a bit more Queso sauce!!

    very nice! I'm afraid to change mine, I'd screw it up...

    Fred wants to know how the new addition is doing??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:26 PM

    I like the new look - though I liked the old one too! Sometimes, though change is good just to keep it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments everyone. I am hoping that this layout offers me a bit more flexibility (I'd love to use polls more often for instance but they got lost on my old set-up) while maintaining some sort of clean look (and quicker loading times).

    As for the scrolling images, I found a template that had it and then I modified it. I know how to modify html code (and write basic code) but I wouldn't try to create such a thing on my own. Should anyone wish to see the source code, let me know. I can always copy/paste it in an email or something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, and dawgbones:
    My new puppy is doing quite well. She still isn't house trained (in fact, that seems to be a big challenge), but otherwise she's great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment