Featured Post

Searching eBay for (Green) Treasure

Topps Lineage Group Break: Box 1 - Packs 5 and 6

I promised I'd move as quickly as possibly through the boxes in order to get everything out in the mail by the end of next week (if I'm lucky).  So far, so good.  We are already a quarter of the way through Box 1 and the boxes haven't even been at my house for 12 hours.

Box 1 - Pack 5:

23.  Carlos Zambrano - Cubs
60.  Reggie Jackson - Yankees
69.  Jayson Werth - Nationals
78.  Dan Uggla - Braves
177.  Phil Hughes - Yankees
181.  Frank Thomas - White Sox
197.  Andre Dawson - Expos

This card will be going in the Nationals' pile of cards as per the original sign-up post. I like the original All-Star Rookie cup that Topps used on the cards as well!
T3D5.  Topps 3D:  Joe Mauer - Twins

I don't actually see a card number anywhere on these - so I had to use the checlist to find the actual number.  The 3-D effect is kind of cool, but for me I have to hold the card at a bit of an angle in order to see it.  It's a nice pick-up for the Twins - their first card of the Lineage box no less!  The 3D cards are seeded 1:12 packs for the record.

Box 1 - Pack 6:

 90.  Tris Speaker - Red Sox
97.  Aaron Hill - Blue Jays
103.  Joey Votto - Reds
125.  Mark Teixeira - Yankees
131.  Carlos Lee - Astros
141.  Ozzie Smith - Cardinals
141.  Diamond parallel:  Ozzie Smith - Cardinals
 Two different Ozzie Smith cards in one pack!  That ought to make Tim G. happy since he claimed the Cards this time around.  I think the Diamond parallels of the retired stars (especially) are pretty nice - if I wasn't so busy trying to track down the diamond parallels of the base Topps set, I would probably give this set a try!
RA-JC.  Autograph Reprint:  Jerry Coleman - Yankees

Sweet, a retired player autograph (and it's on card too)!  Coleman played in the big leages from 1949 - 1957.  He was only ever a Yankee - and in 1949 finished third in the AL Rookie of the Year voting. He was an All-Star in 1950.  It's this kind of card that makes sets like Topps Lineage work - on card autographs of retired players on old time designs, plus a nice mix of newer players as well.  Congrats to BA Benny for landing this great card!  Even better, should BA choose to sell this auto, they've been selling in the $20 - $30 range on eBay...meaning this card could effectively bring in twice what BA had to spend on the Yankees.  That's the great thing about getting lucky in a group break!  (Not to mention all the other Yankees that he could keep for "free"!)

Comments

  1. Congrats to BA Benny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice auto! Everyone else seems to be pulling Fausto Carmona.

    By the way, I don't think you put my name into the entries for your Diamond parallel contributors sidebar.

    (http://fanofreds.blogspot.com/2011/08/delivery-time-turning-giants-into.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:44 PM

    Nice Yankee haul, Benny! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice auto pull!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Auto! I am not sure what I will do with it now since I am on strike and have no paycheck coming in. It will look great in my Yankee auto binder also so only time will tell.

    Thanks for another great break Chris. Maybe there is some Mets luck still in the boxes??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two ozzies is sweet!!! This is my first year collecting, so they will be a great addition to my growing cardinals collection.

    I too am trying to complete the diamond parallels of the Topps base set. We should trade those we have doubles of.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment