Featured Post

Monday, Monday, Monday (TCDB)

Delivery Time! Sending Angels to Angels in Order in Order to Land Cards for Me

I'll never grow tired of coming up with ridiculous blog titles.  Especially if you guys (and gals) keep naming your blogs cool things that I can mess with easily*.

*it's gotta be easy, I'm no word smith as I'm sure you are all well aware of.  Also, since when was wordsmith not a (single) word?   See what I mean?

Anyhow, I recently turned a pile of unwanted Angels cards into three cards that I did want - two of which were from my want list and the third was a Larkin card that I didn't have (at least I don't think I did).  How did I manage that spectacular feat you ask?  Well - I traded with Tom over at Angels in Order of course!  I was excited to trade with Tom because I've got quite a few Angels cards - and before Tom came along, no one seemed to want them!  (I've got a feeling a bunch of you feel that way - so I'm sure Tom will get more Angels cards than he'll know what to do with before long!)

Here are the three cards that I got in return:

#1:

2008 Upper Deck Star Quest:
Rare - Paul Konerko

I have no idea why I'm still chasing four versions of the same set - and it's a set that is completely boring (not to mention three years old).   I guess it gives me something to request from people who don't have a lot of the newer stuff on my list (like Allen & Ginter)!

#2:

2011 Topps Heritage:
Russ Mitchell

I have no idea who Russ Mitchell is - but I now know why I didn't ever land this card before now...he's a freaking Dodger.  Seriously, there are so many Dodger collectors out there that it seems like I'm always needing a Dodger short print to finish off a particular set.  It's frustrating for me seeing how I also seem to pull Dodgers like it's my job (at least I always have stuff to trade I guess)...  Anyhow, Mr. Mitchell is now in my possession so I'm happy.   I'm less happy about the white star instead of the more typical yellow star but whatever, that's probably some throwback that Topps did that I am way too lazy to figure out right now.

#3:

1995 Leaf
Barry Larkin

This is an interesting Barry Larkin card from the '95 Leaf set.  I hate to say much more about it now though since it'll eventually be featured in my Barry Larkin Collection posts.

Thanks for the trade Tom!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Back when I first started blogging, there were 2 Dodger bloggers -- me, and gcrl. The teams with all the bloggers were the Mets, Indians and Braves.

    Braves collectors are still around, but there aren't a lot of the others anymore. So these things go in cycles. Maybe in a couple years there will be a bunch of A's and White Sox collectors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing about that Larkin...it was sitting alone on a shelf in my staging area and I was too lazy to go find the box it should have gone back in, so without checking your want list I threw it in with the cards you needed. I hope it turns out to really be one you were lacking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment