Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Surprise Catastrophe

My trading time has been cut way down because of my own classes, not to mention my job...so whenever I happen to get an envelope in the mail these days, it's a cause for celebration.  One of the few packages that arrived for me this week was from Jeff over at Cardboard Catastrophes.   Jeff shot me an email a few days ago saying he was sending some cards from my want list my way - and knowing that I was busy with school maybe I could send him stuff back over the winter break.  Now that's a generous (and thoughtful) guy!  Of course, I have no plans to make Jeff wait that long for a return envelope, in fact, a yellow padded envelope is ready to go with his name on it...unfortunately, I cannot make it to the Post Office until Tuesday but that's still a lot better than winter break!

So, you are probably wondering, what goodies did Jeff send me?  Behold!

Oh, ok, so those aren't exactly goodies...but I did need them (and even better, I only need eight more of the Topps Town cards from Series 2 and I'll be done with that set for good)!

 How about some real goodies?  We begin with the Stand Up cards from Topps Lineage.

I'm a big fan of Topps Lineage this year (which is probably obvious if you've read my blog at all over the last month or so).   What made Lineage "work" for me was a nice base card design (on the front at least) plus interesting, and varied, inserts.   The Stand up cards are one example, and the Topps 3D cards are another...

Rounding out the interesting inserts that Jeff sent me is a sticker card of Johnny Bench.

I decided to not chase the sticker set (though I'd love to) but instead focus on acquiring only the Reds from that particular set.  I've got a few of the sticker cards (non-Reds) for trade as well, someday soon I'll try to get a list put together for those.

Thanks for all the great cards Jeff - and look for a return package sometime before too terribly long.  Finally, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. No worries. If I didn't send it to you, I would have had to visit unspeakable atrocities on that Youkilis card. That dude annoys me to no end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment