Featured Post

Delivery Time! This Ain't No Catastrophe!

It's been a awhile since I've had a moment to write any sort of meaningful post on my blog (most of what you've seen posted to my blog was done before my graduate schooling started).  Unfortunately, my "stash" of pre-written posts was exhausted much more quickly than I had hoped, so now I've got to re-start the 'ol blogging machine unless I want my blog to "go dark" for awhile (which I don't).

All of the cards in this post are courtesy of Jeff over at Cardboard Catastrophe.

Topps Lineage:
Diamond parallel:  Joey Votto

I've decided to try and chase ONLY the Reds parallels from the Lineage set.  At the moment, I have 4 / 11 diamond parallels, 4 / 11 Platinum parallels, and 4 / 11 of the 1975 mini parallels.  It's not a lot, but it's a decent start.  I've also got a whole bunch of the 1975 mini parallels for trade (check here if you missed the post earlier this week). 

2011 Topps:
Diamond parallels:
Johnny Mize
Jonny Gomes
Brandon Kintzler
Chris Heisey

Yes, I'm also trying to collect ALL of the 2011 Topps base set diamond parallels.  I've got a contest going on as a way to motivate some trades, and while it has worked some, I'm still missing wayyyy too many of these.  Is this a project I should be giving up on or is someone hoarding a whole bunch of these and just now deciding to trade them to me?  I'm not sure...

 Topps Town:

Jeff sent me another pair of Topps Town cards - I'm happily able to report that I only need ten more of the Topps Town cards from Series 2.  I have no idea why this set has been eluding me for so long, NO ONE I know is trying to collect the thing except me.  Maybe you guys all used the cards as toilet paper or something?  (I could be wrong but I think the glossy coating wouldn't make for the best tp.)

Finally, to round out the trade package, Jeff threw in a pair of Reds from a set that I'm willing to bet most collectors would like to see a return of (or something very similar) - Upper Deck Masterpieces.

Thanks for the trade Jeff - and seeing how you sent the package to me a mere two and half weeks ago, I did a decent job of a quick turnaround on my blog (and trust me, I've got packages from the spring still to show off here)!  Finally, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer! 

Comments

  1. I'm trying to get more organized and when sorting through a mixed box of 2011 cards, I found some more cards from your want list. I dropped them in the mail yesterday. I put up a want list for the Lineage base set, so I wouldn't mind a few of the dupes from your case break.

    No rush, with work and school you have enough on your plate right now. When the semester is over is fine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment