Featured Post

2011 MLB Predictions: How'd I Do?

Back in March, I made my bold predictions for the 2011 MLB Season.  How'd I do...well, let's just say that I didn't do real well.

AL East:
I picked the Red Sox to beat out the Yankees and Rays...not exactly a bold pick there because I think most of America had that (except Yankee fans).  Until the Red Sox somehow forgot how to win, this pick looked pretty good.

AL Central:
 My top three were (in order):  Twins, White Sox, Tigers.  Once again, a whiff on my end.  That's two strikes, one more and I'm out.

AL West:
I tried to be bold by selecting the Athletics to win.  I guess I was only forecasting the Moneyball movie rather than the actual season.  I did have the Rangers second, so that's something (in a four team division though, it's not much).

NL East:
I put the Braves over the Phillies...needless to say, that wasn't a wise move.

NL Central:
I'm usually awful at being impartial when it comes to the Reds division.  This year, however, I didn't have a lot of faith in the Reds to repeat (I picked them to finish second behind Cardinals).  The real division winner (the Brewers) were third in my predictions...  I think that's strike 5, can I somehow make two full outs with crappy predictions?

NL West:
I picked the Dodgers to win the division and the Diamondbacks to finish last.


Yikes, don't go to Vegas and put down any money based on my predictions...  Sometimes it's probably best just to pretend you never said something rather than dredge up all the mistakes for people to scoff at.  Oh well, I can't do any worse next year, right?

Comments