Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

Delivery Time! A Boat Load of Shinys from Robert!

I recently completed another trade with Robert over at $30 a week habit.  Like myself, Robert is a set collector  - and for awhile, we were at odds with each other since we were both trying to collect the Topps Diamond parallel set from this year's base set.  Luckily for me, Robert decided to ditch that project and chose an even tougher task (but much cooler if you ask me).  He's now trying to complete a 1500 card "set" featuring only serially numbered cards (and an even 50 cards per team).  Even more lucky for me, Robert sent me a nice sized stack of diamond cards that he no longer needed but that I still was missing.

Robert ended up sending me 21 cards, which means he gets an addition 21 entries into my contest. You can see the up-to-date contest standings on the right of my blog - there are a lot of entries...but there are a lot of prizes too so keep the diamonds comin'!  (You can find what I still need here).

Of the 21 cards Robert sent, 4 of them stood out:

405.  Ian Kinsler

I like the occasional horizontal shot in my baseball card sets (and this one is a good one).  I don't like a pure horizontal set though since I keep my sets in binders and horizontal cards don't look nice in 9 pocket pages.

417.  Miguel Cairo

Ok, so Cairo isn't the most exciting player - but he's a Red so he gets his time to shine (pun intended) on my blog.  In fact, I'm guessing no one else has bothered to show this particular card except me.

443.  Brian Roberts

Cairo is known for being a hustler and a "scrapper" but based on the baseball card photos of Cairo and Roberts, I would say that Brian Roberts wins the scrapper award hands down.  The dude looks like a ballplayer.

502.  Jeff Baker

All cards with the green ivy of Wrigley Field should be required to be of a refractor/diamond variety.  The green background looks awesome, even if Baker isn't awesome, at least his card is.

Thanks for the trade Robert!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments