Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surely, Shirley! I'd Sure Love Some Sushi.

I'm writing this particular trade post at about quarter to midnight on October 18, you are reading it (most likely) sometime on the 19th...  I just spent the last five hours or so trying to put the finishing touches on a homework assignment for my grad class that didn't go particularly well.  In fact, one part of one problem took a full page of LaTex'd math and I'm fairly certain it's all garbage.  Needless to say, I'm extremely tired - and bummed.

Luckily, I had two trade packages waiting for me when I got home from work today, so to cheer myself up before bed, I decided to rip into the smaller of the two packages.  This one is from Spiegel over at Nomo's Sushi Platter.

I ended up getting a few more cards from my want list in exchange for a Dodgers team set from Lineage and a few other Dodger cards (plus some Ginter Ascent of Man cards).  Here's a brief sampling of what I got:

Shirley Poppy

The poppy card is the last of the five Flora of the World cards that I needed from this year's Ginter set.  If you happen to look at my want list, you'll see I still have two Flora cards needed, I thought it might be fun to try and plant one of each card next spring just to see what happens...  At this point though, I'm happy my own set is complete so I won't be actively seeking the extra flower cards.

Some Gypsy Queen goodies.

I've had a few different people offer up Gypsy Queen lately - and to think, I was afraid I wouldn't get any closer to completing my set after all GQ seemed to dry up at retail.  I'm fairly certain the other package that arrived today (a small box) contains a huge chunk of the Gypsy Queen set as well...so there should be some solid progress made in the next couple of days for that binder!

Finally, a few assorted Reds.

Thanks for the cards Spiegel!  And, as always, if anyone else wants to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. The toughest class I ever took was Calc 2. I had a crazy computer programming guy for a professor, who insisted we speak as such:
    "The sum of the product of two and three and five is thirty." Which translates to (2*3) + 5 = 30. It makes sense and I picked it up fast, but there were students in the class who I think never understood it. Plus I had these insanely long proofs that seemed to go nowhere. I'm glad to be done with that class!

    And don't call me Shirley.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment