Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

Pack Break: 2011 Phungo Cards

I recently completed a trade with Paul over at Phungo.  As is often the case with bloggers, Paul included a bunch of cool "extras" for me - definitely more than I was able to procure for him this time around.

One of the coolest things that Paul often includes in a trade package is a "pack" of Phungo cards.  For those that haven't had the opportunity to trade with Paul, a Phungo pack is basically a pack of cards containing some homemade cards (often including at least one from your favorite team) and some other "official" cards, often from your favorite team or want list.  Basically, a Phungo pack is what all of us want every pack of real baseball cards to be like - full of our favorite team and/or cards we need!

I'll show off the rest of the trade in a later post, for now, let's just take a peek at the cards in the Phungo pack.

First up, three Phungo cards:  Joey Votto, Big Ben, and Aroldis Chapman.

The Phungo set has a bit of Ginter in it in regards to non-baseball subjects.  However, the Phungo set one-ups Ginter this year in that department since Ginter didn't feature any places or weird objects...did anyone else notice the distinct lack of planets, revolving doors, and natural landforms in this year's Ginter set?  I did, and it saddened me.

I also realized that I must have landed a "hot pack" since all my base cards were of the black bordered parallel version!

Next up, a shiny Aroldis Chapman.

And a 1966 Topps Super Rare error card featuring Floyd Robinson of the Reds rather than the White Sox as most of his cards depict him as playing for.  

This is probably worth a million and half easy.  Super mojo!

And finally, speaking of Allen & Ginter, how about a couple of ginter cards from previous year's sets?  A 2010 Bridge card and a 2009 Papelbon mini, both of which I needed for my sets.

The Papelbon was one of the few remaining 2009 mini cards that I need for the complete set - so that's an extra exciting inclusion.

Thanks for the pack of Phungo cards Paul, lots of fun as always!

Comments

  1. glad I could knock a few cards off the Nacho Need List. FYI The A Chapman Chrome card was dinged out of the pack - that didn't happen in transit here to your place - Stinkin Topps every card in that pack was dinged.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment