Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Box Break: 2001 Topps Gold Label - Packs 1 & 2

As I mentioned yesterday, I ended up with an unopened box of 2001 Topps Gold Label from my wife for my birthday.  I already busted the entire box (I was too excited not too when I unwrapped the gift), but I'll show it off in bite-size pieces.  Today, let's take a peek at the first two packs.

Pack 1:
8.  Barry Bonds

22.  Christian Guzman
73.  Mark Quinn
94.  Roberto Alomar
and a Class 2 parallel of:
38.  Greg Maddux

Pack 2:
32.  Eric Young
67.  Larry Walker
95.  Ryan Klesko
99.  Sean Casey

and a Class 2 parallel of:
90.  Quilvio Veras

As you can see, the box started with a strong dose of Braves - two different Class 2 parallels of Braves to be precise.  The Class 2 cards are seeded 1:4 packs which means there should be 4 more Class 2 cards in the remaining 22 packs.  As far as I am concerned, I can't tell a difference between the Class 1 and Class 2 cards (except on the back where it tells you the class).

The first two packs were a good start, I was happy to land a Red in Sean Casey right away.  I don't usually seem to pull Reds, so that was a pleasant surprise.  Now the real question is:  Will the rest of the box hold up?  

Stay tuned to find out.

Comments

  1. Maddux looks like a pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice set. If you decide to build it, let me know. I have some doubles available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested in that Bonds and any other Giants you pull. Let me know what is for trade and hopefully we can make a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this year is like the others, each class is a different type of photo. I think the variations were running hitting and fielding. I'd be interested in extras if we can work something out! I'm going to start building a set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My birthday is Dec. 4th. Could you send my wife an email ! I never get anything like that for birthdays or Christmas !!
    I also have some extras and am looking for any Tribe cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan,
    I think this year was Class 1, home uni. Class 2 away. Class 3, pictures of both Class 1 and 2.


    I have a fair amount of doubles as well. Unfortunately, I decided to to try and collect all 3 classes. Give me a list and let's see what we can do.

    word verification = brownize

    last name - Browning


    weird

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment