Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Box Break: 2001 Topps Gold Label - Packs 3 & 4

In the first two packs out of the box, I landed two Class 2 parallel cards.  I was thinking that perhaps each pack had some sort of parallel (or the 1-per-box promised hit).  Apparently, that hypothesis was incorrect...and it only took until the third pack to find a counter example.

Pack 3:
5.  Alex Rodriguez

20.  Charles Johnson
24.  David Justice
66.  Kevin Young
70.  Magglio Ordonez

So far, the base cards have been rather nicely spread out amongst many different teams.  I'm thinking that this set would make for a fun box break as part of a group break some time.  I know I did 2002 Gold Label in a group break but I think I like the 2001 set better now that I've finally opened some of this set!

Pack 4:
18.  Carlos Delgado
40.  J.D. Drew
71.  Manny Ramirez
88.  Travis Lee
And my third Brave parallel of the box already - this one is a Class 1 Gold card.  It is sequentially numbered (out of 999) and is seeded at a rate of 1:8 packs.   Thus, if the odds hold, I should end up with three of these...and maybe if I'm lucky they won't be all Braves!
6.  Andruw Jones (#124/999)

If I were a Braves fan, I'd be loving this box so far...unfortunately, I'm not a Braves fan but I'm still enjoying the opening process.  So far, I'd be willing to trade any of the parallels for the equivalent Barry Larkin parallel in the set in case anyone is interested.

Comments