Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Box Break: 2001 Topps Gold Label - Packs 5 & 6

In between playing Uncharted 3 and completing my own school work, I've also set aside a few minutes to sort through the different packs in my box of 2001 Topps Gold Label and post them here for the world to see.  Once again, I have to give credit to my awesome wife who bought me the box for my birthday - who knew my list of boxes that would "be fun to open" from Baseball Card Exchange would actually result in me getting a box of cards?!

Pack 5:
15.  Brad Fullmer
26.  Derek Jeter
56.  Jorge Posada

75.  Mike Piazza
And a class 2 parallel of:
13.  Bobby Abreu

Eh, not the best of packs.  There were three New York players in there (2 Yankees, 1 Met) out of five cards...yuck!  However, I plan to collect the base set so I guess I had to get those guys at some point!  

Pack 6:
13.  Bobby Abreu

33.  Frank Thomas
57.  Jose Cruz Jr.
87.  Randy Johnson
and a numbered card:
2.  Danny Borrell (#620/999)

The Borrell card is one of 15 different short printed, skip numbered rookie cards in the set (and I believe all the rookie cards are numbered).  The Abreu in this pack is the more common Class 1 card.  Notice the difference between the Class 2 and Class 1 cards - the photo changes!  These are they types of parallels that I can support a bit more since they are more than just simply the same card with a new border.

Comments