Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Box Break: 2001 Topps Gold Label - Packs 11 & 12

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there!  In my life, I have a lot to be thankful for.  I've got a great wife, a wonderful family (and wonderful in-laws), a job, and a chance to further my education.  I've also got this box of 2001 Topps Gold that I landed for my birthday (from my wonderful wife no less)!  While you eat turkey, maybe take a quick break to peruse these packs (and any of the other previous 10 packs that I've posted already).   Enjoy the holiday!

Pack 11:
17.  Cal Ripken Jr.

51.  Jeromy Burnitz
104.  Tom Glavine
109.  Vladimir Guerrero
And a Class 1 serially numbered parallel
57.  Jose Cruz Jr. (# 738/999)

The Class 1 parallels have a nice gold hue to the background - they really stand out!  I think it would be awesome to have a full set of the parallels, but trying to complete that set now (a decade later) with cards all numbered out of 999 would probably be quite foolish.  Maybe Topps will revive the Gold Label brand someday and I'll have my chance to collect a set like that.

Pack 12:
3.  Albert Belle
40.  J. D. Drew
77.  Mo Vaughn
78.  Moises Alou

90.  Quilvio Veras

I don't have much to say about pack 12.  That's a boring group of players - and without any parallels it's a boring pack.  Even worse, I already pulled both the Mo Vaughn and the J.D. Drew cards earlier in the box break, so 2 of the 5 cards (or 40%) were duplicates.  Yuck!  Luckily, there haven't been many boring packs throughout the first half of the box - which has made this box bust quite a bit of fun so far.

Comments

  1. It is a nice Cal. As a Cubs fan I still have trouble looking at Moises Alou. Can you say, "Bartman"?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment