Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Box Break: 2001 Topps Gold Label - Packs 19 & 20

I've got two more weeks of teaching, two more weeks of taking classes, and then a week of finals (both to write/grade and to study for/take).  Today marks the beginning of the craziest time of the semester...  Will we get some kind of crazy pull in today's packs?

Pack 19:
12.  Bernie Williams
36.  Gary Sheffield
53.  Jim Thome
64.  Ken Griffey Jr.

82.  Pedro Martinez

Nothing super rare (in fact all the cards were commons) but I landed a Griffey Jr. card that I didn't previously own.  That makes this pack a winner in my book!

Pack 20: 
47.  Jeff Cirillo
49.  Chan Ho Park
74.  Miguel Tejada
89.  Carl Everett
And a Class 2 parallel of:
100.  Shawn Green

Now that's more like my usual luck, I pulled a Dodger parallel.  I don't usually get anywhere near the amount of Braves that I have had in this box, but Dodgers...well, I get more of those than I usually know what to do with.  It's a good thing that some of the most active traders on the blogs are Dodger fans, at least I don't have to look at Dodger cards sitting around for very long.  

Once again, I managed to get two packs full of cards that I needed - I'm inching closer and closer to having the non-shortprinted set complete!  At one per ever 52 packs, I don't see myself ever completing the rookie short printed cards though, which is too bad.   In fact, I should just be thankful that I managed to pull one of the rookies in this box!

Comments