Featured Post

Box Break: 2001 Topps Gold Label - Packs 21 & 22

We are down to the final four packs.  I can tell you that there is a hit in the box - but you'll have to wait until the last two packs are posted to see it.  I like to look to see if there is a "thick card" when I open the packs up and then set aside that pack until the end.  Thus, you'll have to wait one more round of posts!

Pack 21:
25.  David Segui

50.  Jermaine Dye
52.  Jim Edmonds
68.  Luis Castillo
79.  Nomar Garciaparra

I scanned the back of the Segui card because I felt a photo that scary simply had to be shared!  I'm not the most photogenic guy out there but good Lord that's a bad shot.

Pack 22:
3.  Albert Belle
11.  Ben Molina
91.  Rick Ankiel
100.  Shawn Green
And a Class 3 parallel of:
27.  Edgar Martinez

The Edgar is a nice parallel - I really do like the Class 3 cards quite a bit!  The Albert Belle is a duplicate.  In fact, I now have pulled seven duplicates out of the box...yucky!  I'm not sure how close I am to the full non-shortprinted set though.  The short prints are skip-numbered which is just about the most annoying thing a baseball card manufacturer can do.  Once I finish opening and collating the last two packs, I'll see exactly what cards I'm still missing and update my want list accordingly.

Comments