Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Cardboard Heaven Almost Delivers Four Away from Seven and Eleven

It's hard to come up with words that rhyme with heaven!  A few days ago, I received a surprise package of cards from Cameron over at Cardboard Heaven.  Cameron almost sent me seven and eleven (that's 18 total) - in actuality, it was 14 cards but they were all wanted and all appreciated!  Let's take peak:

2011 Topps Gypsy Queen:

I have no idea what the story is with Gypsy Queen.  It seemed to be panned across almost all the blogs (look at some of the arguments against the set by commenters on my own blog for instance).  Then, after Topps appeared to cut back production, all of the sudden retail blasters flew off the shelf (indeed, many retail blasters had as many hits in them as did full hobby boxes)!  Finally, within a few short weeks of the set's release, it had all but disappeared.  Oh sure, you can still drop almost 200 bucks and land yourself a box on some of the online sites (such as Baseball Card Exchange) but otherwise it's gone.

Now, given how so much of the product was gobbled up (at least at retail), I would have thought that building the base set would have been moderately easy.  I bought myself a few blasters, I landed the Reds (and I think the A's for some reason) in at least one group break of Gypsy Queen and decided to build the remainder of the set via trades.  That was in the early summer.

Flash forward to after Thanksgiving and I'm still quite a ways away from completing the set.  However, Cameron did help me out by sending seven more Gypsy Queen cards that I needed my way - including a pair of short prints and an insert!

The base cards:

The short prints:

The insert:

In addition to the Gypsy Queen cards, Cameron also sent me a few more cards from the 2011 Topps set - including the last remaining Diamond Duos insert card that I needed from Series 2.

He also sent a few shiny diamond cards my way...

And last, but certainly not least, he sent me three (count 'em three) different Barry Larkin Die Cut cards.

All three were new to me - and all three are great additions to my collection of Larkin cards.  I'll show off one of them here - you'll have to wait for the rest to appear in their own post.

Thanks for the great bunch of cards Cameron!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment