Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Long Lost Package from May 2011...

Way back in May of this year, I participated in one of Cameron's group breaks (over at Cardboard Heaven).  My memory is a bit hazy, but I do know the main draw (for me) of the break was some Gypsy Queen - so much so that I picked up four different teams - the Reds (of course), plus the Red Sox, Athletics, and Mets.  Along with the Gypsy Queen, based on the cards in my package, there was also a little bit of 2009 Goodwin, some 2009 Icons, and a few other sets represented in the break.

Somehow, this package got pushed to the back of a drawer, and then the days turned to weeks, which turned to months, and before you know it, I forgot all about the package.  Flash forward to today and I am now able to knock five more cards off my Gypsy Queen want list simply by organizing a package I've had in my possession since late May!  Whoops!

Here are the five "new" cards for my collection:

57.  David Ortiz
200.  John Lackey
211.  Rollie Fingers
324.  Jay Bruce
GO12.  Johnny Bench

As you can see, it was good I picked up all four teams since I ended up with one card per team that I needed for my base set.  The Bruce is an extra nice pick up since that's one of the fifty short prints (of which I'm still missing a bunch)!

In addition to the above cards, I also landed a pair of Gypsy Queen minis (both Reds).

The Arroyo mini is one of the Gypsy Queen back minis which is nice because I already had the black backed mini card.

As for the rest of the cards?  Well, there were some that I'm going to keep - and a bunch that I'd be willing to trade away.  Here's a sampling:

Gypsy Queen - Future Stars:
FS7.  Ike Davis

I ended up with a whole bunch of Gypsy Queen duplicates - you can find the full list of what I have available for trade from the list here.

A few minis, including this Adrian Gonzalez Gypsy Queen, Jason Veritek Goodwin Champions, and this really nice black bordered Angel Pagan mini.

Like the Davis insert above, the Gypsy Queen minis are listed on my "for trade" page.

As I mentioned, there were also some cards from a variety of other sets - some of my favorites include the team leaders cards from 2009 Upper Deck.

I also happen to like the 2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions set.  I didn't bother collecting the set, mostly because 4 (or was it 3) card packs are super lame...but the set itself is quite nice.

As for sets that aren't so nice, well, pretty much anything Bowman (that's a non-Red) sucks in my book.  I've got no interest in cards like Mr. Doubront here.

Just to cleanse the palate, here's another sweet Goodwin card - this one of Johnny Bench with the Reds' running man logo in front of an outline of Ohio.

And finally, I managed to land a pair of hits - one of which I'm definitely keeping while the other is available for trade.  I'll let you guess which is which.

Thanks for hosting the group break Cameron - sorry it took me over half the year to get the cards posted!  

Comments

  1. That Frank Robinson relic card looks great. Very happy to see that Red was used for the jersey; much better than White!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment