Featured Post

Making My Own Group Break Suck Less For Me.

As you may recall, a few weeks ago I hosted a Topps Tier One Group Break.  Although the boxes we opened were quite good for most participants, I got completely shut out of Tier One cards.  Trying to contain my disappointment, I headed over to eBay (always a dangerous thing to do) and ended up purchasing a single lot of Tier One cards that held three Reds base cards, a Reds parallel, and a Reds relic.  Who'd I get?  Let's see!

Base:
20.  Frank Robinson #545/799

48.  Joe Morgan #535/799

81.  Barry Larkin #075/799

If anyone else has any Reds base cards (or parallels) from the Tier One set - I'd love to trade for them!

Parallel:
81.  Barry Larkin #152/199

Relic:
TSR23.  Joey Votto #373/399

I was pleased with the lot - I mostly was looking for the Larkin base card but I managed to land a second Larkin card plus two other base Reds and a Votto relic for only a couple bucks more than for what the Larkin base card alone would have set me back.  Each of the Larkins will be featured (at some point) in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection Series - a series that I've been terrible at keeping up-to-date...my collection probably has at least 100 unique Larkin cards that I haven't written about yet!

Comments

  1. Very nice. I especiialy like that card of Frank Robinson. Gonna have to get one of them!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment