Featured Post

Tier One Group Break: Allen & Ginter - Packs 21 - 24

It's time to finish off the Allen & Ginter box...then all that's will be left is a single box of Topps Tier One and the break will be finished.  I hope everyone has enjoyed it!

Pack 21:
The best card was probably the Prince William & Kate Middleton card, but since they don't play baseball I'll show you the Adam Dunn (White Sox) Hometown Heroes card instead.

Pack 22:
This pack had a Jaime Garcia (Cardinals) short print and a Scott Rolen (Reds) Hometown Heroes card, but the top card in the pack was this Michael Pineda (Mariners) black bordered mini card.

Pack 23:
A Hometown Heroes card of CC Sabathia (Yankees), a Baseball Sketch card of Starlin Castro (Cubs), a short print of Jon Niese (Mets), and yet, the best card is the mini - a black bordered mini of Derek Jeter (Yankees).

Pack 24:
The final pack did indeed hold the third promised hit of the box.  It also held a Reds insert - specifically a Brandon Phillips Hometown Heroes card.  The hit was a jersey card of Billy Butler (Royals).

Overall, that box of Allen & GInter wasn't spectacular but it wasn't awful.  I ended up getting a relic that I needed plus the cabinet card so I can't complain too much.  I would have liked to have been able to knock some of the minis that I still need off my want list, but alas, no such luck there.  We did get lucky with the Roy Halladay no number mini - and it was even nicer that it was of a high caliber star player.

Comments