Featured Post

Tier One Group Break: The First of the Ginter Packs.

As promised, I'm throwing in my Gint-a-Cuffs prize box as an additional box for the group break...minus any cards that I happen to need or really want out of the box.  Seeing how I have a huge stack of relics from the set already, there's a great chance that there will be at least two more hits added into the Group Break.

For my own selfish reasons, I'm hoping that I do get to knock out at least a few cards from my 2011 Allen & Ginter want list though!

 As luck would have it, I needed the box topper - it was one of three (now two) remaining cabinet cards that I needed.  This one featured Jeter, Marcum, and A-rod...and it's definitely a card I would not have wanted to purchase seeing how it featured two Yankees.  A nice find for me - and quite honestly, it makes the prize box worth it for me already!

Now, onto the first 4 packs:

FYI:  I plan to only highlight the best card (or cards) from each of the packs.  That way, there will be at least a little bit of a surprise when you get your group break package in the mail.  I will, of course, highlight any of the really "good" stuff!

Pack 1:
The best card was a Justin Morneau short print for the Twins.

Pack 2:
Pack 2 was much better - the highlights included a Roy Halladay Hometown Heroes (Phillies), a David DeJesus code parallel (Athletics), and a Jonathan Broxton Ad back mini card (Dodgers).

Pack 3:
An Ian Stewart short print (Rockies) and an Ike Davis Hometown Heroes (Mets).  Three packs in and we've already got some decent cards for six different teams...not to mention a nice sized stack of base cards.

Pack 4:
An Ian Kinsler Hometown Heroes (Rangers) and a Brandon Belt Code card (Giants) were nice hits but the Brett Wallace regular back mini short print (Astros) is easily the highlight of the first four packs!
 Note:  I'll also distribute the non-baseball base cards at the end (though those cards will not count in anyone's totals).  As usual, I'm keeping a spreadsheet which I'll post throughout the break.  Here's the first screen shot - notice I didn't count up the Ginter base cards quite yet.

Obviously, we are still early in the break (not even half the Tier One boxes have been opened and only 1/6 of the Ginter packs have been opened...so expect a lot of those blank spots to be filled in with numbers before too long!  

Comments