Featured Post

Tier One Group Break: Tier One - Box #6

It's finally here - the end of the group break!  This is the sixth and final box.  I'm hoping for a Barry Larkin base card (and my first Reds hit) while a few of you are still looking for your first hit of the break as well.  Let's hope all our dreams come true!

Box 6:

Base:
21.  Paul O'Neil - Yankees #250/799
13.  Alex Rodriguez - Yankees #385/799
84.  David Wright - Mets #770/799

Parallel:
12.  Starlin Castro - Cubs #19/50

This is a nice low-numbered parallel card for the Cubs!
Somehow I forgot to turn the scan into two different images.  Whoops!

On the Rise Autograph:
OR-AC.  Alex Cobb - Rays #517/999 

On the Rise Autograph:
OR-BM.  Brent Morel - White Sox #366/699

This is the parallel version of the On The Rise autographs...it's numbered out of 300 fewer than the "regular" version.

Relic:
TSR31.  David Wright - Mets #202/399

And that ends the group break!

As a whole, I think we did quite well though I'm extremely disappointed to not get a single Reds card out of any of the Topps Tier One boxes.  In fact, it turned out that I was the only person not to get at least one card from the Tier One boxes.  Out of the eleven different group break participants, three of us didn't get any hits for our teams.  Unsurprisingly, the two people who purchased the most teams were rewarded by hauling in the most hits - 5 hits, 6 hits, and 3 hits amongst the top three team buyers!  However, that is the nature of a group break - and the risk/reward that comes with it.  At least with the Allen & Ginter, not to mention the Lineage cards, everyone will still end up with a pile of cards to show for their efforts.

I hope you all enjoyed the break - I know I enjoyed hosting it.  Any ideas for future breaks?  Let me know!

Comments

  1. So is there a difference on the back between the On the Rise autos other that the serial numbering? I am not seeing anything on the front that is different in the slightest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the group break. That last box served my player collections well. I can't wait to see that Castro in-hand. It looks sharp in the scan.

    I am definitely in for the next Nachos Grande/FoR group break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a fun break, count me in for the next one as well. Jeroen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for running the break! Hopefully the Reds come through in your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for running the group break. Looks like Team Phungo picked up some cool cards off of both the Tier one and from the A&G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you feel like trading the O'neill, let me know. I can use him for my player collection

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment