Featured Post

1999 UD Retro Box Break: Packs 19 and 20

The last few packs have been mostly full of duplicates, can I reverse the trend and land some new cards for my set-in-progress?  Let's find out!

Pack 19:
53.  Robin Ventura
58.  Orlando Hernandez

Insert karate sound here.
71.  Eric Davis
80.  Jose Canseco
90.  George Brett
101.  Kirk Gibson

Argh!  Another pack with nothing but duplicates.  I don't know if I ended up with a particularly poor pack distribution or if that's how all the Retro boxes are.  I do know that it's disappointing...but I'm still holding out hope that I can complete the base set with the remaining few packs.  I suppose I could go through and count how many cards remain that I still need and figure out if it is even possible but what's the fun in that?  It's much easier to simply hope things will work out in the end.

Pack 20:
51.  Michael Barrett
56.  Roger Clemens
65.  Curt Schilling
69.  Mark McGwire
76.  Ken Griffey Jr.

How many bat boys get to say they were on a Ken Griffey Jr. baseball card? I'm guessing not too many!
78.  Jay Buhner

Finally, a pack full of cards that I needed!  I am especially happy with the Griffey Jr card - it's a rather unique view of one of my favorite ball players of my era.  Good stuff!

Comments