Featured Post

Group Break: 1999 Flair Showcase - Packs 11, 12, 13, and 14

Before I get to the next four packs, I'm curious.  Which of the five boxes has been your favorite so far?  The Flair Showcase, the UD Decades, the Topps Finest, the Fleer Tradition, or the Fleer Gamers?  Each of the boxes offers a different aspect in terms of being collectible, whether it is hits, number of cards, inserts, etc. but which one seems like the best addition to the group break in your view?  Let me know in the comments (or via email).

Pack 11:
Seat 3 - Row 12.  Troy Glaus - Angels
Seat 3 - Row 45.  Carlos Delgado - Blue Jays
Seat 3 - Row 92.  Quinton McCracken - Rays
Seat 2 - Row 78.  Roberto Alomar - Indians

Seat 2 - Row 98.  Raul Mondesi - Dodgers

It's good to see the Indians and Dodgers each pick up a parallel in the pack since they are two of the underperforming teams (in terms of claimed teams anyhow).  As for the pack winner, I've gotta give the nod to the Indians since Alomar is a Hall of Famer!

Pack 12: 
Seat 3 - Row 37.  Gabe Kapler - Tigers
Seat 3 - Row 66.  Jason Kendall - Pirates
Seat 3 - Row 140.  Sandy Alomar Jr. - Indians
Seat 2 - Row 79.  Andres Galarraga - Braves
Seat 1 - Row 70.  Ken Caminiti - Astros #0110 of 3000

The Astros land their second serially numbered card of the break (and in the process claim their fifth pack win of the break)!  Houston has definitely had a good break this time around...and I still love these Seat 1 cards.  I can only hope we are lucky enough to pull a Barry Larkin card like this...I can keep hoping right?

Pack 13:
Seat 3 - Row 48.  Scott Hunter - Mets
Seat 3 - Row 83.  Livan Hernandez - Marlins
Seat 3 - Row 138.  Rico Brogna - Phillies
Seat 2 - Row 33.  Eric Chavez - Athletics
Seat 1 - Row 110.  Brett Tomko - Reds #2527 of 6000

Well, it's not a Barry Larkin card but I'll take it!  I sure do love the cards, even though this one has a printer blemish on it (actually it's more of a blemish with the plastic coating on the card).  Pack win for the Reds here - their fifth of the break to catch them back up to the Astros for second place overall (with a heavy Reds bias though, that's not all that impressive now is it)?

Pack 14:
Seat 3 - Row 14.  Alex Rodriguez - Mariners
Seat 3 - Row 82.  Damion Easley - Tigers
Seat 3 - Row 129.  Al Leiter - Mets
Seat 2 - Row 27.  Vladimir Guerrero - Nationals
Seat 1 - Row 111.  David Justice - Indians #1290 of 6000

And just like that, the Indians go from 0 pack wins to 2 pack wins in the span of 4 packs.  It's kind of amazing how the fortunes of a team in a group break can change on a dime!  

Comments

  1. I'm loving these Showcase cards. They're making me happy I picked my Astros,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houston's had a pretty good showing this time around! As for the Showcase cards, I agree - they are really quite nice! I'm thinking about doing another box of these for a future group break I like 'em so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment