Featured Post

Group Break: 1999 Topps Finest: Packs 17, 18, 19, and 20

Still feel under the weather, but tomorrow's another day.  Here's four more packs before I go to bed.

Pack 17:
23.  Rick Helling - Rangers
61.  Ryan Minor - Orioles
78.  Dante Bichette - Rockies
83.  Jay Bell - Diamondbacks
90.  Derek Jeter - Yankees
112.  Barry Bonds - Giants

The Bonds card is one of the bonus base cards (seeded 1 per pack but presumably rarer than the rest of the base cards) so I'll give this pack win to the Giants.

Pack 18: 
9.  Kevin Young - Pirates
23.  Rick Helling - Rangers
61.  Ryan Minor - Orioles
90.  Derek Jeter - Yankees

97.  Barry Larkin - Reds
144.  Ruben Mateo - Rangers

 Does that pack look familiar - at least half of the cards anyhow?  Sheesh.  I think I mentioned it before, but if anyone DOESN'T want their duplicates (whether for a specific box or for all the boxes) please let me know.  The individual group break packages are all going to be pretty full so any savings in shipping is appreciated on my end of things.  For the pack, I'll give this one to the Rangers only because I'm pretty sure I pulled that Larkin earlier...

Pack 19:
38.  Darryl Strawberry - Yankees
60.  Greg Vaughn - Padres
77.  Todd Walker - Twins
96. Wally Joyner - Padres
149.  Preston Wilson - Marlins
SS1.  Sammy Sosa (Refractor) - Cubs / Mark McGwire - Cardinals

This is the second Split Screen card of the break - and just like the last one, this is one of the half refractor versions (which are the more common version as compared to the full refractors).  For the pack win though, I'm handing this one to the Cubs since they got the refractor half of the card!

Pack 20:
13.  Brian McRae - Mets
26.  Jorge Posada - Yankees
35.  Scott Rolen - Phillies
36.  Neifi Perez - Rockies
53.  Francisco Cordova - Pirates
140.  Roy Halladay - Blue Jays

Is this Roy Halladay's rookie card?  According to the back of his card, Halladay was one out from a no-hitter in his second big league game.  I didn't know that...but that's pretty awesome.  Easy pack win for the Blue Jays.

Comments