Featured Post

Group Break: Final Posts: #5 of 5 (including the final hit of the break)

The time is finally here - the final packs of the first group break of 2012!  Without further ado, here are the final two packs:

Upper Deck Decades:
5.  Catfish Hunter - Athletics
31.  Jason Thompson - Tigers
146.  Ferguson Jenkins - Cubs
B-GM.  Relic:  Garry Maddox - Phillies

And there's the one promised hit of the break (though we pulled a "surprise" autograph as well).  I'm glad the relic went to a team that was claimed - and the wood chunk in the relic is a bit larger than most of today's relics so that's nice as well.  Congrats to the Phillies on the relic (and pack win).

Flair Showcase:
Seat 3 - Row 26:  Roosevelt Brown - Cubs
Seat 3 - Row 55:  Moises Alou - Astros
Seat 3 - Row 120:  Dean Palmer - Tigers
Seat 2 - Row 61:  Jose Canseco - Rays

Seat 2 - Row 122:  Luis Gonzalez - Diamondbacks

Congrats to the Rays on eeking out their second pack win (in the final pack of the break no less).

I hope everyone enjoyed the break - it's been a lot of fun for me as well (though now the not-so-fun part starts with packing up cards).  My goal is to have all cards in the mail by no later than Wednesday of next week.  Finally, any suggestions for boxes for my next group break?  I've got a few ideas but I'd love to hear yours as well!

Comments

  1. That relic set is one of my all-time favorites. Awesome checklist that includes lots of guys you don't see anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment