Featured Post

The Group Break: A Second Sneak Peek (2003 Donruss Team Heroes)

Once again, I'm writing a post a few hours before it is schedule to go live - but as of this moment there are still six three available teams in my group break (see the sign-ups here).  I figured that before the break gets going in earnest, I would try once more to tempt you guys (and gals) to pick up the remaining teams by showing another pack from the break.  All the cards you are about to see are part of the break - so jump in on one of the unclaimed teams now!

Note:  I am closing the group break at 9:00 PM EST tonight (1/30/12).  Any unclaimed teams will go to me so that I can get the break going "for real."  There are still a bunch of good teams left - but only three possible slots remain given that most group break participants have opted for the +1 option which is one team of their choice and one random team from the remaining, unclaimed teams.

Here's a pack out of the 2003 Donruss Team Heroes box.  This particular box was chosen because A) I've never opened anything from the set and B) it promises a whole bunch of cards to all the teams, and C) there are some retired legends mixed in with the stars of the day (and a bunch of non-stars too a la Topps Total)!

There are 13 cards in each pack and (I believe) one of those cards is some sort of parallel in every pack (either a glossy card or a sequentially numbered stat line card).

Pack 01:
275.  Paul Molitor - Brewers

400.  Steve Carlton - Phillies
527.  Vernon Wells - Blue Jays
507.  Aubrey Huff - Rays
406.  Dave Williams - Pirates
274.  Paul Quantrill - Dodgers
389.  Eric Valent - Phillies

257.  Eric Karros - Dodgers

229.  Octavio Dotel - Astros

145.  Lance Davis - Reds
64.  Larry Bigbie - Orioles
123.  Magglio Ordonez - White Sox
96.  Glossy Parallel:  Fred McGriff - Cubs

After opening the first pack, I must say that I'm looking forward to the rest of this box.  I really like the base design - and I like the assortment of players too!  As for the parallel, you can't really tell by the scan but the card is printed on what feels like a thicker card stock and it is definitely glossy as compared to the other base cards.  A nice start for the Cubs in the break!  However, although the parallel is nice, I think the pack win is going to the Phillies for having two cards (including the Steve Carlton base card).

Comments