Featured Post

PWE Week: How Many Cards Can a Dimwit Fit in a PWE?

First, I think Sam over at The Daily Dimwit has one of the most fun blog titles to work into trade posts.  Anytime I get to use the word dimwit, I'm excited (unless I need to use the word to describe my students' efforts on the latest exam or homework assignment of course).

Today's envelope was actually mailed way back in the year 2011.  Sam and I have completed a number of trades though this one was one of the easier ones since it was a Gypsy Queen for Gypsy Queen swap.  

Here are the cards that Sam sent my way - and all of 'em in a single PWE!

First up, one of the few remaining base cards that I needed.

Actually, I lied - I still need a whole bunch of regular base cards (plus a few of the short prints).  If anyone has any that I need lying around, let me know!

Next, one of the Home Run Heroes cards.

Thanks to Sam, I'm now only missing seven of the Home Run Heroes cards.

That may not sound impressive, but trust me, I'm happy that it's finally down to that number...will I ever finish the set?  I don't honestly know - but it doesn't look promising does it?  In case you are curious but don't feel like clicking on over to my want list, here are the missing Home Run Heroes cards:
 HH-2, 4, 5, 10, 13, 17, 21
Along with those, Sam managed to find five different Great Ones insert cards that I needed!

Of those, I think the Mantle is my favorite - but only because of the sheet amount of flying dirt in the picture!

Finally, the best card in the package!

A Sticky Fingers insert card of Brandon Phillips.

I love, love, LOVE the Sticky Fingers cards - I think the honeybees and the honeycomb put the card design way over the top and I'm happy to acquire the lone Red in the set (at least I think it's the lone Red in the set).

Thanks for the trade Sam - and as always, if anyone else wants to trade check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments