Featured Post

UD Retro Box Break: Packs 21 and 22

The box is only four packs away from being completely busted - so let's open half of the remaining packs!  At this point, I'm still quite a few cards away from having the full base set...and that's the goal for the remaining four packs as far as I am concerned.  There is also an autograph still lurking somewhere in the box...

Pack 21:
45.  Kevin Brown
64.  Scott Rolen
67.  Jason Kendall
75.  Robb Nen
81.  Bobby Smith
107.  Frank Robinson

Two questions:  First, who the (heck) is Bobby Smith?  In a set full of big names and stars, Bobby Smith seems to be an outcast.  Second:  Why can Frank Robinson get some love as a Red rather than as an Oriole.  Oh sure, the Reds made one of the worst trades of all time when they jettisoned Robinson to the O's but still...

Pack 22:
1.  Mo Vaughn
2.  Troy Glaus
30.  Vinny Castilla
86.  Jose Cruz Jr.
104.  Babe Ruth

T14.  Throwback Attack:  Vladimir Guerrero

As I've been busting the packs, I've been sorting the cards into a big stack before putting the set into 9-pocket pages.  Whenever I do that, I always sort the cards with the cards upside down and the first card in the set on the top of the stack.  For the longest time, card number three (Tim Salmon) has been staring at me and mocking me...basically telling me that I'm missing two cards from the set without even having to look through the stack to see what else I still need.  Well, thanks to pack #22 I no longer have to deal with Salmon's mocking!  I now have the first thirteen cards in the set...hopefully the last two packs will provide the remainder of the missing cards for my base set.

Only two packs to go - and there's still an autograph to be found...(you can find the full autograph checklist here).  Can you guess who I got?

Comments

  1. I will guess you got a Sean Casey Auto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I would like a Sean Casey auto (I'd probably be the only one happy with that), I will say this auto was quite a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment