Featured Post

What Happened to all the Red Sox fans?!

Seriously now, what happened to all the Red Sox fans out there?

My latest group break is 3 teams from selling out completely - but of those remaining teams is the Boston Red Sox.  6 boxes, over 15 hits, over 1,000 cards, and only $25.00 per team - but the Red Sox remain unclaimed.

Some teams I'm used to be unclaimed (the Marlins and Diamondbacks - which are both available as well - jump to mind almost immediately)...but the Red Sox?  They used to be the second fastest claimed team in my group breaks (surpassed, ironically, by only the Yankees).  Now the pecking order is clearly:
1.  Atlanta
2.  New York Yankees
3.  Almost everyone else.
4.  Marlins, Diamondbacks, Twins, Blue Jays
5.  Red Sox

Ok, that's not really fair - the Red Sox should be lumped with the above team, but quite honestly I believe the Blue Jays have been a claimed team more recently than the Red Sox.  Given the huge fan base the Sox have, not to mention all the Red Sox bloggers that (used to be?) are active, it's surprising.

If you want to claim the Red Sox, or any of the other remaining teams, you've got about 15 minutes or so before I close the break.  Go here to sign up - prove that Boston still has some fans, or more amusingly to me, prove that the Marlins, Diamondbacks, and/or Twins do indeed deserve to be labeled as a more desirable team than the Red Sox.  Seriously Yankee fans, here's your chance to knock Boston out once and for all*!


*until my next group break of course.

Comments

  1. I think the Sox fan base exploded in 2004 with a huge bandwagon. Now only the real Sox fans remain. The whole "Red Sox Nation" is a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That didn't take too long to coerce a Boston fan to take the last slots... Thanks all for checking out my post (and Spiegel, I think you are on to something in that the bandwagon is rather empty right now after last year's showing by Boston).

    The group break is closed, hopefully I'll have a chance to assign the random teams and do some pack posts tonight (or else tomorrow morning before work).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nolan Reimold and Robert Andino happened...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us Sox fans are still around. I can't speak for all Sox fans but I myself and spending lots less on cards than I did in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe they all went on a KFC run and got busted for having an open container in the car?

    Ba dum tish! Thank you! I am here all week! Be sure to tip your server!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Payment is coming after work tonight.
    Also, whoever happens to get the Blue Jays I will gladly work a trade for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sox fans are still here, we're just broke this week :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment