Featured Post

1997 Sports Illustrated: Packs 4 and 5

I'm writing this post on Wednesday night after spending the last five hours (minus an hour for watching Survivor) grading Calculus I exams.  The exams were disappointing (from my perspective) so I'm in a bit of a sour mood.  I'm sure tomorrow (or today as you are reading this) will be a lousy day in class when I have to hand back the exams.  Of course, I'd like to think that my students know they did lousy already (not all of them of course, but too many did poorly) without me having to tell them with their graded exam.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the educational process lately (and if you don't know, I teach college math)...so much so that I plan to launch a blog devoted entirely to education (and math I suppose) at some point in the somewhat near future.  I'd like a running diary of sorts of things that I've tried, but also a format where I can (hopefully) interact with other teachers/professors who might have good ideas I haven't thought of (and vice-versa hopefully)!

I know most of you probably don't care about any of that - you just want to see the cards...so here you go!  Thanks for listening, sometimes that's all I need.  Now if only I could convince my students to do the same!

Here's the next pair of packs from my Valentine's Day gift from my wife:

Pack 4:
59.  Carlos Delgado - S.I.ber Vision
83.  Gary Sheffield
116.  Hideo Nomo

159.  Randy Johnson
176.  Hideo Nomo - Covers

Mini poster:
Darren Daulton

That was a very Nomo heavy pack, now wasn't it?

Pack 5:
31.  Hideki Irabu
60.  Jermaine Dye - S.I.ber Vision
142.  Matt Williams
154.  Jay Bell
10 of 12 CC.  Cooperstown Collection:  Kirby Puckett

Mini Poster:
Albert Belle

My first actual non-one-per-pack insert of the box.

I've enjoyed this box of cards quite a bit - sometimes it's just what you need after a frustrating day!

Comments