Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Potch Sends Me Cards!

Not all that long ago, Darren (aka Potch) and I agreed to a trade.  I think it hinged around one of my trade stacks but I might be making that up. I suppose I could do actual research but...it's the weekend.  Anyhow, I sent Potch something but I'm sure it was nowhere near as cool as what he sent my way.

First up, a pair of diamond parallels.

Oh sure, everyone else on the blogs has moved on to the 2012 Topps set...but I resolve not to buy any 2012 Topps flagship, or at least until the 2011 set is complete.  Given the staggering number of diamond parallels that I still need, not to mention a few other inserts, I don't expect my project to be completed any time soon.  I do appreciate Potch getting me a few steps closer though.

Next, another set from 2011 - this one being Gypsy Queen.

I decided late (probably too late) to try and complete the set.  Given how little product there is out there, and how little I've been able to acquire via trade - even commons from the base set - I'm thinking about cutting my losses on this one and deleting it from my want list.  However, I like the set too much to do that quite yet, so I'll just hold on hope that someone else decides to give up their dream and ends up sending their cards to me.  It sounds good in theory (and in my head) but fairly cold-hearted once you type it up, huh?

Potch also sent a few assorted Reds my way (which I appreciated) and a really nice sized stack of 1976 and 1977 Topps cards (various teams).  I really want to try and complete an older set (pre-1980) via blogging/trading and maybe eBay but I haven't settled on which set quite yet.  If I end up choosing the '76 or '77 set, I'll certainly have a nice start to the collection!

Thanks for all the cards Potch - and as always, if anyone else wants to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments