Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break: 2002 Fleer Genuine - 4 More Packs (Night Owl: Don't Look)

It's time to finish off the second (of three) mini boxes within the 2002 Fleer Genuine hobby box.  Without further ado, here are the next four packs:

Pack 9:
6.  Mike Mussina - Yankees
11.  Sean Casey - Reds
32.  Juan Gonzalez - Rangers
60.  Gary Sheffield - Braves
120.  Franklin Nunez - Phillies #0521/2002

Hey, a serially numbered rookie card of a guy that I've actually heard of!  That's a good card for the Phillies - certainly enough to net them the pack win.  I also like the Casey card - and the Mussina card since he was born in the neighboring town where I teach.

Pack 10:
22.  Rich Aurilia - Giants
49.  Ben Sheets - Brewers
95.  Jim Edmonds - Cardinals
97.  Scott Rolen - Phillies
GL 3 of 15:  Genuine Leaders:  Alex Rodriguez - Rangers

I always want to type "Sheetz" rather than Sheets for Ben's name... I guess you probably have to be from my area of the country to understand that connection but it happens.  As for the pack winner, it's not Ben Sheetz (no matter how you spell it) but rather the Rangers with their nice and shiny A-Rod insert card.  That's the Rangers fourth win of the break so far, a pretty good showing indeed!

Pack 11:
31.  Eric Munson - Tigers
59.  Darin Erstad - Angels
75.  Carlos Delgado - Blue Jays
80.  Jeff Kent - Giants
BI 7 of 25:  Bat's Incredible:  Manny Ramirez

By my count, the Red Sox now have seven pack wins (one more than the Braves).  Unlike the Braves though, the Red Sox have earned most of their pack wins on the backs of some really nice cards (including a pair of parallels, a pair of inserts, a serially numbered card, and of course a relic.  Hard to believe the Red Sox were the last team claimed in the break, huh?

Pack 12:
71.  Tom Glavine - Braves
96.  Geoff Jenkins - Brewers
98.  Tim Hudson - Athletics
Genuine Leaders:  Relic:  Hideo Nomo - Dodgers

First, apologies to Night Owl - last break he bought the Dodgers and didn't get a whole lot of note from his team...this time he sits the break out and the Dodgers land two relics (both from this box)!  As for this card, the back of the card says the jersey is from the Red Sox but the card is clearly labeled Los Angeles, so into the Dodgers' pile it goes!  That's the fourth pack win for LA for those that care about such things (if anyone cares except me)...

Comments

  1. HA! I HAVE that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Sheetz and their MTO sandwiches and the IT Cola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Good blog! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I'm wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I've subscribed to your RSS feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!
    Sauce The Fringe Dress in White,Dresses for Women

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment