Featured Post

Group Break: 2002 Fleer Showcase - Packs 7, 8, 9, and 10

My goal is to finish off all six boxes of the group break by the end of the week.  If I'm lucky, I'll have all the cards packaged up and ready to be mailed out by Saturday.  I don't know if that's possible, but that's the goal.  I know my wife would love for all the stacks of cards to disappear...

Only way to reach my goal then is to rip a bunch of packs!  Here are four out of the Showcase box.

Pack 7:
22.  Mo Vaughn - Mets
39.  Adam Dunn - Reds
90.  Randy Johnson - Diamondbacks

97.  Tim Hudson - Athletics
123.  Mike Lieberthal - Phillies

 I happen to the Adam Dunn card best of all - but in an effort to not be too Reds-biased, I'll award this pack to the Diamondbacks since Randy Johnson is a mulleted beast.

Pack 8:
3.  Frank Thomas - White Sox
78.  Mike Mussina - Yankees
87.  Ivan Rodriguez - Rangers
Baseball's Best:  Relic:  Barry Bonds - Giants

Woah, a Barry Bonds relic - our second Bonds relic of the break!  That ought to make arpsmith happy since he claimed San Francisco.  Bonds happens to be the cover boy on all the Fleer Showcase packs too, so you know this is a big deal hit!  Easy win for San Fran.

Pack 9:
28.  Jeff Bagwell - Astros
30.  Lance Berkman - Astros
33.  Larry Bigbie - Orioles
107.  J.D. Drew - Cardinals
68.  Legacy Parallel:  Rafael Palmeiro - Rangers #050/175

The Palmeiro is a Legacy Parallel set (all of which are numbered out of 175 according to the pack wrapper).  The front has a gold inside border (rather than the usual silver) and the serial number resides on the back of the card.  I couldn't decide which side to scan!  That makes a pair of pack wins for Texas.

Pack 10:
11.  Juan Gonzalez - Rangers
13.  Jason Kendall - Pirates
46.  Jim Edmonds - Cardinals

98.  Bud Smith - Cardinals
112.  Josh Beckett - Marlins

Two cards for the Cardinals (and nothing else of note) means St. Louis gets their fourth pack win of the break.  

Comments