Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break: 2003 UD Patch Collection - Pack 1

Welcome to the first packs out of the final unopened box.  After this post, the ripping will begin in earnest (when I don't need to scan so many cards per pack)!  The 2003 UD Patch Collection box also has a box topper but I'll show that a little later on (and no, I haven't opened it yet either so I've got just as much anticipation as you all do)!

Pack 1:
1.  Darin Erstad - Angels

15.  Shea Hillenbrand - Red Sox

39.  Carlos Pena - Tigers

101.  J.D. Drew - Cardinals

102.  Jim Edmonds - Cardinals

I finally watched Moneyball two nights ago so the Carlos Pena card is probably my favorite (Pena has a fairly big role - albeit for a small time on screen - in the movie).  I'm also fairly certain I broke all sorts of grammatical rules by using dashes in the previous sentence, sorry, I'll blame it on being a mathematician.  The pack win goes to the Cardinals though - two base cards out of five possible is hard to beat (at least without any inserts or hits).  The pack also featured a dummy card that was the same thickness as the four base cards combined which leads me to believe that the actual patch cards will be quite thick!

Comments