Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break: 2003 UD Patch Collection - You guessed it, 4 more packs!

The pack wrappers for the UD Patch Collection cards say that there are short prints seeded 1:4 packs.  Unfortunately, even with a brief internet search, I couldn't find any type of complete short print checklist for the set.  I guess when the group break participants get their cards they can try their own Google search, maybe you'll have more luck that I did.  Of course, if someone does find a complete short print list, let me know and I can post it on one of the UD Patch posts for everyone to reference.

Here's the next four packs in the box:

Pack 10:
25.  Troy O'Leary - Cubs
50.  Mike Sweeney - Royals
78.  Miguel Tejada - Athletics
89.  Phil Nevin - Padres
109.  Mark Teixeira - Rangers

I guess the Teixeira card is the best of the bunch, so here's your third pack win Texas!  The one thing I don't like about the card is every time I glance at the Rangers' uniform I think it's actually a player for Toronto.

Pack 11:
36.  Preston Wilson - Rockies
40.  Eric Munson - Tigers
49.  Carlos Beltran - Royals

83.  Pat Burrell - Phillies
120.  Carlos Delgado - Blue Jays

I've been trying to post the various group break pack busts as quickly as my schedule allows.  As such, I never took the time to truly look at the back of the Patch Collection cards.  It turns out that the backs are quite nice - each player gets a full paragraph write-up and it's much more than "Carlos hit two home runs on May 23" like many card backs feature.  Reading through the five card backs in this pack, I'm giving the pack win to the Royals since Beltran is a "fantasy baseball manager's dream."  Dreams should always win, right?

Pack 12:
7.  Oscar Villarreal - Diamondbacks
12.  Tony Batista - Orioles
42.  Josh Beckett - Marlins
57.  Torii Hunter - Twins
62.  Jose Vidro - Expos
156.  Rookie Innovation Patch:  Ryan Cameron - Rockies

 The Rookie Innovation patches are seeded 1:20 packs making this a box hit for the Rockies.  It's funny how group break fortunes ebb and flow, especially in the format that I do where I reveal a few packs at a time.  Until now, the Rockies had been one of the poorer performing teams - not they join ten other teams in the "got at least one hit" club.  It's also the Rockies second pack win of the break.

Pack 13:
18.  Nomar Garciaparra - Red Sox
23.  Corey Patterson - Cubs
56.  Richie Sexson - Brewers

74.  Jason Giambi - Yankees
105.  Tino Martinez - Cardinals

I suppose you could make an argument for all the teams (except the Cubs) to earn the pack victory...but I'm giving it to the true underdog - the Brewers.  The Sexson card is much cooler than any of the other cards because of the photo.  You've got Sexson crashing into the Astros dugout with the majority of the "other team" just watching him.  There's one guy on the far left who is pretending to help but he's no where near close enough to keep Sexson from cracking his head open on the dugout.

Comments

  1. I'm not sure where the short prints start (if I had to guess its card 121) but here is a full checklist:

    http://sports.upperdeck.com/collectorszone/collectionprint.aspx?q=6&sid=9868

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment