Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break: 2003 UD Patch Collection: Final Two Packs!

The group break is rapidly coming to an end...as more proof of that here are the final two packs out of the UD Patch Collection box.  As with many of the other boxes, we beat the stated odds with the Patch Collection box as well!

Pack 1 of 2:
27.  Magglio Ordonez - White Sox
32.  Adam Dunn  - Reds
35.  Larry Walker - Rockies
85.  Bobby Abreu - Phillies
111.  Hank Blalock - Rangers

Unlike the Fleer sets, packs of UD Patch Collection that don't contain a hit are pretty standard (i.e. boring).  There are no inserts in the set so it's very much feast or famine in terms of each pack.  Given that, I'll award the Rangers the win since Blalock is shown bunting the ball (though given that form I doubt how successful the bunt ended up being).

Pack 2 of 2:
38.  Todd Helton - Rockies
48.  Jeff Kent - Astros
92.  Jose Cruz Jr. - Giants
99.  Bret Boone - Mariners
104.  Matt Morris - Cardinals
MVP-8.  MVP Patch:  Mickey Mantle - Yankees

Given the run of success the Yankees had, I don't think they needed to get a patch of Mickey Mantle.  Then again, I don't think NYHitman23 is going to complain about the FOURTH hit for the Yankees!  As for the patch itself, what can I say?  It's really nice.  This was a fun box (at least from my perspective) but I'm curious as to what you guys (and gals) thought of it.

Comments

  1. Indeed! No complaints here! When UD Patch Collection first came out I didn't care for it. I have mixed emotions about it now but perhaps when I get some cards "in hand" I'll fell differently.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment