Featured Post

Group Break: 4 Packs of 2003 Fleer Flair

The Fleer Flair box promises 1 memorabilia card for every packs.  Since there are twenty packs in the box, odds suggest we should end up with four different hits.  So far, we've found exactly one hit (Roy Oswalt).  Will the next batch of four packs provide us with our second (and possibly third) hit(s) of the box?

Pack 5:
Joe Borchard - White Sox
30.  Ellis Burks - Indians
61.  Manny Ramirez - Red Sox

65.  Shea Hillebrand - Red Sox
78.  Miguel Tejada - Athletics

Two more base cards for the Red Sox, if my statistics are correct that's now 17 total base cards for Boston.  It's also Boston's sixth pack win of the break - two more than the next closest teams!

Pack 6:
4.   Rich Aurilia - Giants
8.  Randy Winn - Mariners
22.  Darin Erstad - Angels
44.  Jason Kendall - Pirates
48.  Aubrey Huff - Rays

I have no real desire to give any team the pack win - a bunch of boring players if you ask me.  Since I have to award someone the victory, I'll give it to Tampa Bay since I think I like Huff's card the best out of the five...or maybe I should say I dislike it the least out of the five.

Pack 7:
13.  Tony Batista - Orioles
33.  Magglio Ordonez - White Sox
34.  Mark Prior - Cubs
69.  J.D. Drew - Cardinals
72.  Andruw Jones - Braves

Another pack where there is no clear winner (at least not to me).  I'm giving it to the Braves because Jones is a one belt failure away from mooning Fleer's photographer.

Pack 8:
38.  Todd Helton - Rockies

85.  Frank Thomas - White Sox
89.  Randy Johnson - Diamondbacks
PT-BW:  Power Tools:  Relic:  Bernie Williams - Yankees #472/500

And the Yankees land their second serially numbered relic card of the break!  This one is pretty nice with the whole wood power tools motif that Fleer had going on.  The card is numbered out of 500 on the back which is also a nice touch!  Easy pack win for the Yankees.  I also scanned the Helton because I know hiflew likes to see those whenever they are pulled...

All told, another nice set of packs.  With 12 packs left in the box, we should still get another couple of hits out of the set.  Stay tuned for more group break posts over the course of the week!

Comments